Clearly I hope that my seductive letters to [adult swim] will elicit and interview and eventually a job. Actually I know they will because I am to awesome to be denied. Nevertheless, it would be wise to keep my options open and to continue seeking employment opportunities in other areas. The only problem is I don't exactly know where to look.
The other major cartoon networks, Nickelodeon and Disney don't really do adult themed cartoons. I would not mind a job in kid cartoons, I would actually enjoy it, but my portfolio is geared towards adult themed programming. It is not risque, exactly, but... well, there are some stories in it that are a bit dirty. So I'll need to revamp it if I am going to send it to such networks.
I could also consider any number of non-cartoon oriented networks. Though I know animation to be the wave of the future, I would not be opposed to writing for actual people. But I will draw the line at writing for talk show hosts.
So I guess my job for this week is to investigate what other options I have in writing, no matter how far fetched. Even though I probably won't take the job as propagandist for Quebec Intelligence, I want to know it's out there.
I probably should also send [adult swim] a follow up letter. I'd hate for them to think I had moved on or forgotten about them. My mom forgot to pick me up from band practice one day when I was in Middle School. Luckily for her it was late spring so the sun set pretty late. I sat on the side walk from 3 to 6 in the evening. She didn't even try to hide why she was late. She said, "Sorry, I forgot." I would never do that to whoever it was I was talking about when I started talking about whatever it was I was just talking about. It's just rude.
La, la, la, la, la.
I can't remember what I was saying. I could scroll up and re-read it, but really the moment is lost. If I continued from here I would just be faking it. And that's not fair to you.
Monday, April 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment