I really liked this letter. It came to me very quickly and it reminded me a lot of a propagandist movie I saw in elementary school. It was some silent/black and white film about a girl with a red balloon. The balloon was actually red, so the film did not have to be black and white, though it was. Her balloon was larger than the balloons she passed on the street and it was self aware. It followed her around like a dog. Anyway, she walked into a play yard where a bunch of boys were and they all threw rocks at her balloon until it deflated. That's when she took a bump of meth and capped each boy with her pistol. Just kidding, she went running away crying. But aparently the spirit of the balloon stretched out across the city and called all the balloons to her. Suddenly all of those balloons had color and they gathered around her and she was carried away in a cloud of balloons.
I may have some of the details wrong, but that is essentially how I remember it. I'm sure it had some hidden communist message.
LETTER 24:
Dear [adult swim],
Yesterday at lunch I watched a plastic grocery bag floating around in the air. It was almost magical the way it rose, in defiance of gravity, up the side of a 20 story building and then out into the open air. And it hovered there for several seconds, as if trying to decide where it should litter itself.
As it hung there I wondered what the odds were that it would land on my boss's head and smother him nearly to death. I wouldn't want him to die. I just want him to know that I am not the only one who disagrees with him. The bag is on my side, and perhaps the wind.
Then I saw two more plastic bags rise into the air with the first. They danced around each other in a synchronized flying show. They dove and twisted and rose, and I know my boss was getting worried. My plastic army was growing. Soon the skies would be filled with my minions, dancing and twisting and falling upon anyone who stood in my way.
But alas, my three pplastic compatriots were impaled upon a Ginko tree. They hanged there, like lynched rebels, as an example to other bags. Sadly I took them down and tossed them in the trash. As I walked back to work I saw an empty Doritos bag floating in the air and I wondered what the odds were that it would find its way...
signed
Ps. Man this city is a dump.
Ad:
Jack's Off Brand Wieners
Wieners that stick in your soul.
Wednesday, April 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment