Wednesday, April 05, 2006

More

It's like they want me to work here. No sooner than I get to work today and I get an e-mail telling me that the meeting I missed yesterday was rescheduled for this morning. These people must not have anything better to do.

The good news is my writing folder was safely where I left it, under a stack of ordinary looking paper. It is highly unlikely anyone would ever have noticed it was there.

I read a Yahoo article this morning which said that astronomers have discovered a methanol gas cloud in space measuring 463 billion kilometers apart. That's 288 billion miles for you Americans. In case those numbers are too high to wrap your head around our planet is 90 to 110 million miles from our sun. So our orbit around the sun is about 200 million miles. This cloud of methanol is 288 BILLION.

And for those of you who don't know what methanol is, it's alcohol. It is not technically the kind people drink, but that is beside the point. I think this proves conclusively that there is a God, and scientists have found his liquor cabinet. It also explains why things are a bit screwed up around here. God throws back a billion square miles of divine bourbon every now and again.

Wouldn't that be a slap in the face to find out that the dinosaurs were the ones made in God's image and we were intended as their food. Then one millenium God went on a bender and accidentally dropped an asteroid on the planet. "Oops," He might have said slurringly, "Well, those little hairy things are still around. I can work with that."

No comments: