Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Good News/Bad News/Good News

Good News:
I finally brought the letter so I can mail it today. I'll take it down to the mailbox as soon as I'm done with this blog entry.

Bad News:
I was researching the [adult swim] web site and I found some information that presents a set back in my plans. I had about three different story ideas brewing in my head. All of them really are reconstructions of stories from my past. One is a fantasy kind of story, such as Lord of the Rings, another was a Barbarian story, and a third was a Vampire story. Anyway I was going over some of the video clips on [adult swim] when I came across one where they flat out tell you what kind of stories NOT to pitch. In the list was Barbarian/Medieval stories, and Zombie stories. Essentially they don't want people pitching stories that are similar to ones they already show or ones they have on the back burner.

Clearly the Barbarian story I had fit the catagory of "barbarian stories," but I wasn't in love with the story I had going anyway. It would make a better musical than it would a thirty minute cartoon. The Fantasy story doesn't exactly fit either of these catagories, but it is so close to Barbarian/Medieval that I thought it was best not to even try it. And my Vampire story isn't exactly a Zombie story, but it is a story about the undead, and therefore it too is too close in style for me to feel comfortable presenting it.

Thus I had to scrap my ideas. Actually, I would never scrap an idea. I just tabled them for the time being. I will revisit them later when I feel the time is right.

Good News:
The good news in all of that is that because I had to start over I think I have developed a totally new idea that is different from anything they have now, and different from anything they said not to submit. In fact, I think it is pretty different from anything out there at all. But don't quote me on that.

More info coming soon. Well, probably not. I'm pretty secretive about the details. More vagueries coming soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»