Monday, May 15, 2006

Long time, Letter 1

Yeah, it has been a while since my last post. Sorry. I had hoped to start posting my new letters last Monday, but I got side tracked. I have been putting a lot of creative energy into this new series idea and it has sort of left me dry for this kind of thing. I'm not really happy with this first letter, which my second letter reflects, but it will pass.

Anyway, I have begun to make my own envelopes because I got sick and tired of paying 2 bucks for them. A little construction paper, some creative folding, and a glue stick and vio' la, an envelope. So far they have all been orange.


Letter 1:

Dear [adult swim],

So basically I didn't write you at all in April. Sorry. It's not that I didn't love you in April, because I did. More so, perhaps, in light of my separation from you. It's just that, since you haven't hired me yet, well, I still have this job to do and it gets pretty crazy sometimes. That's not why I didn't write you, but it would have been a good reason had it been true.

Anyway, I hope the portfolio I sent you was enough to get you through all that time without me. It was kind of big, and try as I might I couldn't get it into one of these little card envelopes. It required UPS, so I hope you knew it was me.

I just wanted you to know I thought of you. And I know you thought of me too. Don't ask how I know, I just do. It's one of those mystical things that gypsies and liars know.

I could be a gypsy. With bells and whistles, I could.

signed, May 3, 2006

Ps. I could also be a liar, but I'm totally not. But if I was, I'd kick ass.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»