There was an obvious break between letter 2 and letter 3. I got kinda sick from allergies and kinda distracted by some other stuff. I shouldn't have let my letter writing lapse, but I did. So far I have kept up since then. Still, thinking of something creative every single day isn't easy.
Take note Cartoon Network: I rock.
Letter 3:
I'm sorry for the break in letters, but I was made; discovered. I was doing my job in Atlanta when I spotted a familiar face.
I know what you're thinking, 'stay in one place long enough and you're gonna recognize people.' But not like this. This was from the old days; from before the wall came down. This was from the farm, and she had no business being in Atlanta.
So anyway, I had to close up shop for a day or two and move to Berlin. I established an obvious presence there, which they will see through as phony; then I went to Paris and broke a girl's heart. Next I established loose connections in Sacramento, San Salvador, and Kiev. ...minimal collateral damage there. Finally I built a practically untraceable bae of operations in Dublin. I'm sure they will find it, but it will be hard enough that they will think it was real.
Then I came back to Atlanta, the last place they will expect me. I know it's dangerous, but I really want a job with [adult swim]. Besides, I saw that girl again today and she clearly wasn't from my days with the CIA. She was one of the girls I took to prom.
One of the most special nights of our lives and she wouldn't give it up. Ugh. If you only knew how much money I flushed down that toilet.
signed
May 9, 2006
Ps. If this is a woman reading this then those days with that girl in high school were totally wonderful and magical; and I totally respected her decision to save herself.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment