Am I the only one out there who doesn't want to fill his car up with gas because I could be in a bad car accident, total out the car, and then all that gas will go to waste? I'm sure I'm not. Drop me a line if you have this problem too.
About three or four months ago my breaks failed on the interstate and slammed my car into the back of another. That morning I had filled my tank up, and that was when gas was in the neighborhood of $4 a gallon. The car was totaled.
Anyway, I filled my car up a month ago and the darn thing started over heating. I wound up having to replace the water pump. It actually turned out pretty cool. The estimated cost by two local garages was around $300 to $350. My brother-in-law and I replaced it for just the cost of the pump and some antifreeze. Total cost including complimentary lunch for my brother-in-law, $78.00.
So Friday I filled the car up and now the transmission is giving me trouble. I know my brother-in-law doesn't have the skills or the time to replace a tranny.
-When I was thinking of this post I assumed it would be all about cars, but since I have entitled it GAS and we are talking about things crapping out on you at the most inopportune moment, here's a new one for you:
MERRY CHRISTMAS! You Furnace is broken!
Yeah, it's gonna drop into the 20s tonight and my furnace won't cut on. Earlier this week the Gas company for Buford (City of Buford) cut our gas off because we made the mistake of letting our bill go four or five days late. So a $70.00 bill became $150.00. Apparently there is a $75.00 service charge to have someone treat us like a dick. Well, this past week it has been in the 70s so it hasn't come on since our gas was restored. But it was working three weeks ago when it was cold. Well, not now.
The only good news is that we have two furnaces, one upstairs, one down. So at least our bedrooms have heat.
***My loyal readers will recall that my upstairs A/C went out this past summer. No A/C upstairs, no Heat downstairs.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment