Tuesday, December 09, 2008

My Job

Last week I was in the office all the live long week. I had meetings here and there and everywhere, but mostly I was a good little troglodyte, sitting in my cave.

Three meetings of note:

Tuesday I was in a meeting with the Commissioner, Beverly (my boss) and Bill (my lesser-boss). I don't remember the time (or the day for that matter) but it was seriously profound.

Wednesday I had a Maximo meeting in our conference room at the 2 pm. It was totally cool (the meeting, not Maximo).

Thursday I conducted training in room 560. If that training had been a basketball game I'd have been Larry Bird. He's pretty good. I wouldn't have been Michael Jordan because, frankly, it wasn't a slam dunk. But I was pretty good. I'm sure there are other basketball players I could mention who are better than (and perhaps more contemporary) than Larry Bird, but who aren't quite as awesome as Michael Jordan. But I don't really like basketball, so I don't know them.

This week I will spend way too many daylight hours in my office. Unless I'm in the Call Center. So actually I'll be back and forth between here and there (next door - where the Call Center is).

On Thursday, according to my calendar, I have a LEx meeting which begins at 9:30 and an O*net meeting that begins at 9:30. This is a bit of a pickle that I haven't exactly consumed yet, as I'm not certain I can pallet it. (translation: I don't know if I can go to just one of them ((on account of the Call Center having just been born)) let alone both of them ((which I really can't do because I'm just one guy))).

Later I have yet another LEx meeting from noon until forever. And then, just after forever, I have a 2 o'clocker.


My job might not be "hard," but it takes some serious stamina to survive the mega-suck.

No comments: