In the next room one of my co-workers is giving Andrea, a frequent poster to this wonderful blog, such a freakin' undeserved hard time. If I was treated like that when I first came to work with the Department I'd have quit.
Wait a second. I did quit. I quit in January of 2001. But having absolutely no desire to do anything at all back then I came back to work in this blessed government agency.
Working here for 7 years will give you some time to develop some goals and dreams. It won't, however, qualify you to achieve those hopes and dreams. You're gonna have to do that on your own damn time.
Friday, February 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for saying it was undeserved. I must say, I totally agree. I don't understand why she was yelling at me for doing what she told me to do. I wish I could stay cool and handle those situations like a grown-up, but it's hard when your field of vision turns red and foggy. I zoned out and went to my happy place, where I dreamed of Chuck Norris punching her in the back of the face.
Can't wait until Monday.
I've changed my occupation in my profile to "Doormat." It's a lateral promotion, no raise in pay.
At least you're vested. Now, write that novel during the thirty five seconds of freetime you have everyday. The same thirty five between bedroom and bathroom where you contemplate if anyone will notice if you don't shower that day.
Sorry to hear about friends getting an earful. I am the only male in an all female department. It's like being the freaked out paperboy who discovered the cat lady, dead and half-eaten on the floor, when she hadn't paid him for the last six weeks. But it's everyday. Every. Day.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Post a Comment