Ok, I have a couple of issues that are bothering me this morning. I'm going to touch on them one at a time and you people are going to listen. Do you understand?
Snow/Ice
Once upon a time Georgia got the occasional ice and snow. Now? Nothing.
10 billion tons of air pollution ago it would have been freezing this time of year. Thanks a lot global warming. I could have had today off.
And for the record, I don't want to hear any more northerners say, "Yous peoples down theya don't know wat cold iss. Our kids goes to school in 12 feet a snow, an they don't wear nuthin' but a jacket."
Yeah, kiss it. I don't wanna hear any complaining from you guys next March when the spring low is 100 degrees. You don't know tough. In Atlanta we get 10 days of cold each year, and 20 days of nice. The rest of the year we live on the surface of the sun.
Music
I have tried to stay positive about this kind of thing because I honestly believe that each person is entitled to his/her own opinion, but my dear Lord, save me.
As you know I carpool with my parents. And each morning is fight between them as to what we listen to on the radio. Dad would prefer to listen to NPR, which isn't bad because it's mostly just news, but mom won't allow it because it bores her so he falls back on Country Music. But when mom get's her way we listen to the Fish, a Christian Music station. So essentially I get to listen to country music or christian music. Sometimes I just wanna die.
If you have ever watched the show South Park then you might have seen the episode where Cartman bets the other guys that he can get a platinum record before they can. So Kyle and Stan start a band and Cartman starts a band. Cartmans band plays only Christian music, but the way he does it is to take normal cheesy love songs (some quite bawdy) and throws in the word Jesus and God here and there. Viola! a Christian Music hit. Surprisingly Cartman is hugely successful with this method. The first time I saw that I thought it was a joke because I hadn't listened to any Christian Music, save what you hear in church. But now I have and Holy Crap, it's totally true. When they aren't engenius enough to rip off another musicians style they simply take the whole damn song and add Jesus to it.
THAT'S CALLED THEFT.
If you are old enough you might remember the song by the Four Tops called Reach Out. It is basically a song where the lead singer shouts the verses and then they sing the chorus. The chorus goes like this:
And your world around is crumbling down, darlin
Reach out come on girl reach on out for me
Reach out reach out for me
I'll be there with a love that will shelter you
I'll be there with a love that will see you through
Well now there is a Christian music group who has taken this song and added 2 words to it to make is a song playable on Christian radio stations. Can you catch the difference:
And your world around is crumbling down, darlin
Reach out come on girl reach on out for me
Reach out reach out for me... Jesus said
I'll be there with a love that will shelter you
I'll be there with a love that will see you through
I've looked through the Bible. Jesus didn't say that.
So you know, this is not the only incident of this kind of thing. It happens more than you would like to imagine.
Mom and dad have invited me to play my own music in the car, but I just don't want to. They always talk all over it and say thing like, "I don't get it." They ask what the lyrics are or they just talk.
I used to like riding in cars.
I hate Jazz too.
Thursday, February 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
About the weather, not to knock the great city of Atlanta, but hell, it's better to walk on the sun than to have your testicles hiding by your right lung for seven months out of the year.
Hmmm. Never had my jewels that high before. So I wouldn't know.
And, I wouldn't trade the hot for cold. I prefer hot almost any day. Fewer clothes.
I just get tired of northerners teasing us southerners because we close everything down when it snows.
DONT MAKE FUN OF ME... I WANT MY DAY OFF! THEY DON'T GIVE DAYS OFF FOR BEING TOO FREAKIN' HOT!
Nobody says, "Holy crap, it's so hot the roads are melting. The kids'll be swallowed up by the road goo. Call of everything!"
Good point. If it's any consolation, we might all be just a bit dim about closing things down when it snows. Remember this: http://www.chicagoist.com/archives/2005/12/08/breaking_plane_slides_off_runway_at_midway.php
I'll stick with the cold, thank you very much. No one, not even my closest friends and family, needs to see any more of my flesh than face and hands. The emotional scars would put the world of psychology on its ear for decades.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Look at what that link did to my blog!!!!!!!!!
WAAAAAAH!
Post a Comment