Ok, I've reached 400 views. Little party for me.
"Hello? Helloooooooooooo?"
...peaking head around the corner, "What is it man?"
"No one showed for my party."
"What party?"
"The party I was throwing myself for reaching 400 views to my blog."
"..."
"Where are you going? That's significant! Hey, come back!"
...he doesn't come back.
"I don't need you!"
Ten whole seconds pass.
"I need you a little bit. Helloooooooooo?"
So my daughter is doing really well in school. She's ten or six or something like that; whatever age is first grade. And the school said they want to test her for the gifted program. So we took her out to dinner to celebrate. Anyway, at dinner she was reading the menu over my shoulder, and I asked her what she wanted. So she said she wanted Milk. Then she saw the top of the menu where it said "Got Milk" just like the ad slogan. And she said, "Oh no. I don't want goat milk." And I laughed and said, "Good job gifted student. They let idiots in the program now?" She cried a little bit, but she knew I was kidding.
Incidentally, none of that last paragraph happened. I love my daughter and I would never make fun of her that way. And anyone who says otherwise can burn in the fires of hell.
Ok, most of that paragraph did happen. She is a great student. She is getting tested for the gifted program because she takes after me, even though I myself was never in the gifted program. And we did take her to dinner and she did say "goat milk," which I thought was totally cute. But I never sarcastically called her "gifted student" or "idiot."
I did laugh a little bit though.
I could have been in the gifted program. A lot of gifted students don't get in until their seventh try. I should have been allowed one last shot.
Actually I only took the test once. In first grade. And they said I almost made the cut. They said, "Son, you're almost gifted.... but you're not."
"Oh," said I with the stoicism and awareness of a lad well beyond my six years. "What does that mean?"
"It means, essentially,... Government Job."
How true. How true.
Sunday, February 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment