Well, sadly I am nearing the end of my [adult swim] campaign. Though it is Monday, this past Sunday marks the last day of letters I will send. I fell behind, however, so Sunday's letter won't actually go out until Wednesday. That will give me time to pretty up the package. I'm sending my portfolio for Sunday's letter. Actually it won't be a letter. It will be quite a large envelope full of writing and my CD.
All in all this campagin has been fun. I think I may actually continue to write [adult swim] even after Wednesday. Trying to think of a letter each day has been a good excercise in creativity. I may ultimately drop my output down to every other day or three times a week, or so, so that I can focus on another project. We'll see.
Sunday's (technically Wednesday's) letter marks the first time I will send [adult swim] my contact information. I am nervous about this, but I am resolved. It has to be done if I want to get a response. I can't send all of this crap to them and then chicken out.
A best case scenario is I get an interview and a job out of this deal. At the very least I now have 30 or so letters that I can add to my portfolio. I probably won't add them all. Some of them have been pretty lame.
LETTER 17:
Dear [adult swim],
Several of my letters for this weekend may be delayed. I am currently taking my family up to visit my wife's grandparents in North Carolina. They're good people, I guess, except for Rebecca's cousin. He's what we call "not right in the head." He has this odd fascination with my wife, and every time we go up there he changes his hair, puts on make-up, and dresses up to look like her. There is nothing wrong with this per se, but Rebecca is 5'8" and 125 pounds, whereas her cousin is six feet easy, with broad shoulders, sparse facial hair, and unnaturally close set eyes. And let us not forget that he's a man.
Little has changed since our last visit. It seems Rebecca's cousin has bought himself a digital camera. From the time we arrived until the time we left his little flash was going off at all the most inappropriate times. At first it was just a hunch that things were hinky. My wife and I would pose side by side and he would focus in. Then, almost imperceptibly, he would move the camera a little to the right or left. I am certain he was cutting me out of the picture. Later we'd see a flash and realize that Rebecca was bending over or in some odd position. We'd look around and he'd smile as though nothing happened.
Before he left he let it slip that he was building a website, but he wouldn't tell us the name. We asked to see his apartment and he assured us it was not a good idea because his "crabs were out." Then we asked if he was doing well at college and he said he'd been suspended pending an InterPol investigation, but that everything was going to work out because he was going to start giving lessons on how to fight with a broad sword.
signed
Ps. In case you were wondering, no, he does not know how to fight with a broad sword.
Pps. We're so proud.
Ppps. I ate at the restaurant advertised below. Please don't make me relive it through explanation. The menu is enclosed.
AD:
Eggcited about eating? Come to:
Egg Drop Soup
The very best of the egg.
Monday, March 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment