Monday, March 06, 2006

Letter 4

Ok, I'm sorry that I was slack over the weekend and didn't post a thing. I did nothing at home either, so it was a wash. It was actually quite good for my spirit. I lay in bed and read a bunch, and was totally lazy. This practice is highly underrated.

But I promised a letter a day and as I see it I am at least two behind. Here is one for today and I'll throw in a bonus letter today also.

LETTER 4:

Dear [adult swim],
I was sitting on the couch watching TV last night when out of the corner of my eye I saw a white spider crawl up the cushion. It was in my periphery so it didn't register at first, but it was white and feathery and it moved like a spider up and over the back of the couch.

After about a minute of crawling around it finally crept into my counscious mind. I turned to look at it and it was gone. However, by this time I was certain that it had been there and that it had definitely been a white spider.

I jumped up and ran around to the back of the couch. The spider was gone, but there was a strange hole there. I could hear cheering coming from the hole and when I tried to get closer it sucked me in.

I fell and fell and finally landed on my feet-with an explosion of fireworks-on the main stage at the Omni. I was in way-too-tight, holey blue jeans with a sleeveless blue jean jacket. I had long, feathered hair and I was the lead singer of an 80's hair band.

"Thank you for coming tonight!" I screamed.
A lady in the front row flashed me.
"ATLANTA! Do you wanna ROCK?! My screams were barely audible over the din, and this last question made it worse.
"We are the White Spider, and this is our latest hit [adult swim]! Let's Rock!"

signed

Ps. I think about you sometimes.

No comments: