Sunday, August 06, 2006

You like to think...


You like to think, if you are creative, that you have an endless supply of ideas and creative juice. But that just isn't the case. Well, it may be the case, but you only have a limited amount of energy and time. Ironically, whenever I focus my efforts on this blog, ostensibly about my efforts to become a writer, I do very little writing.

I don't know if that is really true, or if it is just true of late. I am finally starting to settle into my new house, but things still aren't winding down. My daughter will begin school this year. That is hectic. And there is still a mound of boxes that need to be unpacked, reference the picture above. That was the night we moved in. Now the mound is bigger. Now we've realized that the movers pretty much put a box wherever the spirit moved them to drop it. So they've all had to be relocated to this corner.

Our movers sucked. I even did the responsible, grown up thing to do, and called around to find the best deal. Of the five places I called these guys had the best rates. They charged $120.00/hour for four men. Not bad, right?

Two years ago when I moved I had pretty much all the same stuff. I have one bedroom suit more than before and a box or two more of toys. Well I had two movers and I it was 40 minutes from one home to the next. That move still only cost me $480.00 with tip. This move cost me $600.00 without tip and we only moved 15 minutes down the road. Why? Because my movers were slow as shit. I'm not going to say the name of the movers but it ryhmed with Cheesey Blowing Movers. And the second word is pretty EASY to get if you know where the first word is GOING.

Anyway, I hope that once my life settles down I'll have more time to write.

You will be happy to note, however, that I did send off my first letter of campaign three. I wanted to send off two letters this week, but I had some technical difficulties with scanning. That should be taken care of now though, so about two letters a week should be feasible. Wheeeeeeeeee.

No comments: