What the hell? Why is it that I can sleep during the day with almost no coughing, but when the sun goes down and I lay my head on a pillow I start coughing my lungs out?
And now I'm on codeine, which is supposed to cause drowsiness but totally isn't, and furthermore is supposed to stop coughing, which it also totally f-ing isn't!
I took this stuff at 9:55 thinking that I would be drowsy by about 10:30 and I'd get pleanty of sleep. Well, 10:30 rolled around and I was still peppy. But I went to bed with a positive attitude. So the wife and I chatted about this and that for a little over half an hour and then called it a day. Only I called it too soon because I woke up coughing at 11:50. And I have already kept the poor woman up three nights in a row, so I wasn't going to do that again. So I dragged my ass and my pillow downstairs to the couch to try and sleep sitting up. NO LUCK. I fell asleep after about ten minutes and at 12:20 I was up and hacking.
In the future we won't drill for oil. We'll find a way to get the earth to cough it up. You can dig up some of the thickest, nastiest stuff that way. And I'll bet the earth coughs it up better when the sun is down. And for good measure let's lube the hole up with some Codeine.
I knew a kid named Cody in the sixth grade. He was pretty much usless too. Cody ~ Codeine; it's not exactly the same, but I should have seen it coming.
So now it's 12:40 and I can feel the coughs lining up in my chest to burst forth in a chorus of "Everybody in the House Wake Up!"
If I hadn't already taken the codine I would totally put myself out with a shot or two of whiskey.
I'm gonna go watch a cartoon and try to go to sleep. AGAIN.
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey, it's spelled codeine. Sorry to bust your bubble, but it still sounds like your friend Cody....
Thanks.
I've never been much of a speller. I thought codine looked funny. In that form it would be cod-eye-n. But I never would have guessed "codeine," as it breaks the immutable I before E rule.
Post a Comment