Thursday, January 11, 2007

Irritating

The irritating thing about Thursday is that it parades itself around like it's the end of the week. But Thursday still expects you to wear a shirt and tie. And Thursday still expects you to go to meetings that last all day. And Thursday still expects you to come back to work tomorrow.

You aren't Friday, Thursday.

You're nothing but a dirty whore.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

But Thursday brings us the wonderful gift of "The Office!!!"

aintshakespeare said...

Well, while that is technically true about "The Office", prime time TV comes on after the work day. So, just as Friday evening is considered part of the weekend, so should Thursday evening be considered Friday. Therefore The Office does not vinicate Thursday mornings.

You wake up Wednesday thinking, "Thank God, the week is half over," only to wake up Thursday thinking, "Shit, that still leaves half a flippin' week."

And I don't have cable so it makes me that much madder.

Andrea said...

I don't have cable either. I get like 4 network channels. You should write scripts for your kids to act out and force them to entertain you. It would be like free cable!

aintshakespeare said...

That could be potentially breaking a child labor law. Hard to say.

And it could be cruelty if I make them act out certain shows; like ER for example. Not because of malpractice, but because that show blows.

I did give both my kids a lightsaber and tell them to attack each other. It wasn't very entertaining. The force isn't strong in my wife's family and she is dragging down my gene-pool.

They basically just hit each other's saber until my daughter hit my son's finger and he started to cry and somehow I got in trouble.