Friday, January 26, 2007

Traffic


This picture is kind of dark. But I hope you can see some of the traffic that I had to deal with today.
This is an exit ramp onto I-85 in Atlanta. What you are seeing here is very unusal. Many people say that traffic in Atlanta is horrible, but that is a mis-statement. Traffic IN Atlanta is almost never bad. Traffic in the Atlanta suburbs is almost never good. I don't think Gwinnett ever has good traffic flow. Not even on Sundays.
When the traffic is backed up to here (in the picture) it means my 45 minute commute is going to be an hour and 15 minutes or longer. And I take the HOV lane.
Interestingly, the traffic is not the reason I hate my job. I honestly don't mind the traffic most days. I do, however, hate the music that my other carpoolers listen to. Dear God, do I hate that music.

No comments: