Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Alternate pic, heart problems



Here is the other image. It's a shame that the color is so flushed out. I need to get a photo quality scanner.

In both pics the dude is flesh colored, the sky is blue and so are the oceans. And you cannot even see the clouds. Totally disappointing.

I will work on the quality for my wonderful, demanding, and impatient readers.

So anyway, I was reading a little fantasy novel the other night and my heart does this little fluttering thing. It was at a relatively boring part of the book, so I know I wasn't scared or turned on. I was reading and all of a sudden my heart, out of nowhere, beats twice as fast as it had been beating, for three or four beats.

I know that doesn't sound like much, but it sure as hell felt like much. It immediately slowed down after the three or four beats, but it was still faster than it had been before I started reading. It actually kind of worried me.

I have heard people say things like, "My heart skipped a beat," or "My heart has a murmur," and I've always thought they were being melodramatic. I mean, who would notice if your heart skipped a beat? Who would notice if it fluttered? Well I noticed. And I can't stop thinking about whether that was some kind of cosmic warning. As if my heart was saying:

YOU NEED TO START RUNNING AGAIN. GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS OR I QUIT!

I need to start running again. Or I'm gonna die. And I know when it will happen too. I will be sitting in the most boring meeting in the world and I will have done none of my assignments to prepare for it. And just as I'm about to get chewed out by my boss I'll get a call on my cell. And I will answer it right there in front of everyone. And it will be a book publisher asking for the rights to produce a book by me. And then I'll get a call on the other line and it will be a music publisher asking to produce an album by me. And then I'll get another call and it will be Cartoon Network offering me a job as the coolest man alive. And then I will drop dead of a heart attack.

So if I drop dead of a heart attack, you, my readers and loyal fans, will know it was because I was the Coolest Man Alive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And who do you turn to for heart advice? None other than your Heart Disease Specialist Nurse Practitioner (student currently) friend. You left him out of your story.

aintshakespeare said...

That "friend" you speak of has a tendency to complicate things.

For example: he wants to be a Nurse Practitioner. He thinks this is the easy money, and where the future is. Please. No one needs a nurse. They need a writer. Everyone is gonna die. Medical experts just prolong the inevitable. But a writer can make you immortal.

Look at Beowulf. He didn't do anything. His life was so boring the writer had to make up fictional enemies to fight. But we remember him to this day. Now he might not be the man who first said, "I'll tear that arm off and beat you to death with it," but he will be remembered as the first person to actually do it.

All because of a good writer.