
I think the above picture is one of my better ones. I'm not a character designer or an artist. On occasion I surprise myself with a decent picture, and I usually share it. I thought this one was funny.
Incidentally, I originally drew this pic to go with the last letter. Then I was doodling and drew the last pic and it totally didn't go with Letter 19 so I stuck it with Letter 18 and this pic with this letter. Oh well, I sent both letters on the same day anyway, so perhaps they all got read together and no one is the wiser.
Letter 19:
Dear [adult swim],
More on the subject of my mermaid.
She had a nose ring.
I don't really have a problem with body peircing, it's just that everything goes in cycles. And eventually time tells us what is really cool and will stick, like leather jackets, and what is not really cool, but in fact, ridiculous, like rat-tails. The nose ring is the rat-tail of the 2000s.
I dated a girl with a rat-tail in high school. A real winner (not really). I actually liked her rat-tail. They were still popular then. We had been dating about a day when she cut it off.
She eventually dumped me because we didn't "gel," which I guess was her way of saying, "I've slept with, like, 100 men, and I'm only 15."
But I digress. My mermaid, whose name was Lusca, did not have a rat-tail. She had a nose ring. And frosted hair. And a treasure map tattooed to her boobs.
It was for this reason she told me I was not allowed to see her boobs. She said the treasure belonged to her ex-husband Cthulhu, and if I were to see it I would know the location of his lair and he would rise in the night and kill me and all of civilization. At first I believed her, but later she told me the treasure map was tattooed to her ass, and then to... well, another place I might have a want to see. Later she started saying things like, "If you don't buy me a car with a pool inside it Cthulhu will kill you and all of civilization," and, "If you don't draw me a luke warm bath, and make it brackish Cthulhu will kill you and all of civilization," and, "If you don't get off your lazy ass and go to work today Cthulhu will kill you and all of civilization." I just stopped listening.
I eventually flushed her down the toilet with all her eggs. Thought I had seen the last of them. But apparently, and Aquaman tells me this is legit, my "fertilizing her brood," represents a marital contract. And it would seem that Atlantis Law has no problem with the fact that I'm already legally married. Aquaman couldn't even think of the names of all the men and women he was currently married to.
Michael
March 13, 2007
Ps. Aquaman said he was almost pretty certain Cthulhu didn't exist. So I shouldn't worry about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment