I woke up this morning and my hair was awesome.
I don't generally care a lot about how my hair looks. Ever since it started falling out we haven't been speaking; my hair and I. I mean, I wash it and comb it and generally go through the motions, but the love is gone. But even in a stale, loveless relationship a partner can do something unexpected and cool. Today my hair surprised me.
When I woke up this morning my hair was totally standing up. It wasn't frizzy or messy or full of cow licks or anything. It was all standing perfectly straight on my head. And it divided at the part with one side leaning ever so slightly to the right and the other to the left. It looked like it had been styled. Even the sides were flat. Just the top stood up. I didn't even have to use a comb. It was awesome and punk-ish.
I work in an environment that is kind of professional and businessy. I don't ever see clients, so I really don't have anyone to impress. Nevertheless, I am expected to wear a shirt and tie and all of that. Still, my hair looked so cool I was determined to wear it the way it was. I couldn't have made it look so cool if I had tried.
And of course it rained.
Now I'm at work with hair that looks like it's been rained on drinking a cup of coffee that tastes like artificially sweet shoe.
Thursday, March 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You forgot about the dried starch on your shirt!!
I forgot about that on purpose. Starch marks could happen to anyone. But most likely geniuses.
Post a Comment